Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One sick little guy

It must have been too much partying this weekend (or daddys germs) that resulted in one sick little one year old!!  Colter started with a low grade fever on Sunday afternoon.  He woke up in the morning on Monday with a 101.1 degree fever that slowly crept up to 103 through the day even with consistent meds. He was also very snotty and miserable.  Jarrod and I took him to the Dr. on Monday afternoon and they thought it was probably just a virus and to keep him hydrated and on meds as needed.  Monday night Colter had a terrible time sleeping, or lets say trying to sleep.  He could not get comfortable or suck his paci and breathe.  We tried everything, even holding him, and he couldn't sleep.  Finally I let him fuss a bit in his crib and he slept a little.  We have not had such a rough night since he was a newborn.  Even Emma was totally out of sorts from it!!

Tuesday he woke up again with a fever that stayed all day even with meds again.  He was very upset all day and did not nap at all.  I tried everything again, even driving in the car.  He just would not sleep.  He also started to refuse drinking anything!  I called the Dr and they wanted to check him again.  They did a test for strep and flu and both were negative so the Dr. said its a bad virus and to do whatever to help him be comfortable to sleep and anything to get him to drink.  He actually fell asleep for a bit on the way home and then before bed I was able to get him to drink some milk!  He slept 11 hours straight!!  Praise God.   We all needed it!!

Today he still had a low fever but it seems to be breaking.  He is more himself and playing but will go from happy to tears in a split second.  He did nap this morning and is doing better drinking but he is not eating as much as usual, which is not abnormal with being sick!!  He is very very snotty and coughing more today.  I am hoping we are past the worst of this and he will get all better soon!!  I am also praying I stay healthy.  We sadly will miss our first music class of the semester tomorrow so we are just laying low to get better!!  Thanks to everyone who has prayed and checked in on us!!  Here are some pics of my sick little guy (we have been in pajamas for three days now!)




No comments:

Post a Comment