Saturday, September 28, 2013

18 months!!!

Today Colter is 18 months...a year and a half...unbelievable!!   To think how far we have come since last year in amazing!!  This time last year we were just finally figuring out all Colter's tummy issues, we began introducing food and we were sleep training!!  And two years ago, around this time, I was just starting to have the major complications with my pregnancy!  Now this year I have an incredibly sweet, smart and fun 1 and 1/2 year old!!

Colter truly amazes me daily. I love watching him learn and play.  He loves to learn things like his numbers and letters.   He points at letters and numbers and wants you to name them!  He can identify the numbers 2 and 4 consistently.  If you start for him he can count to 5 by himself and will repeat up to 10 with you.  He loves pointing to the letters in his name and repeating them too. He can identify the "O" in his name.  Its funny cause when we are out and he sees a number he knows on a sign or wall he says it and we are always shocked!!  He still loves playing with trucks and balls but has become very very interested in trains or as he calls them "Choo choos".  He points them out when we drive and loves playing with the few we have at home.  I see many more in our future.  He still also loves being outside and now can climb the ladder/climbing wall to his swing set alone and slide down.  If he sees a bus pass he gets extremely excited!  One of my favorite things is when Colter gets excited and says "whoa wowow"....he is just so easily excited and happy!  He has too many words now for me to even fully keep track of...and he tries to repeat everything.  My favorite new thing he does is praying.  Before meals and at bedtime he cues us that it is time to pray why folding his hands together.  At the end of the prayer we say "In Jesus name" and Colter says "Amen"....melts my heart!!

Just a few days ago we said "bye bye" to the binky.  I knew that this was something I wanted to do by 18 months.  I decided to start when I did because he is going through a sleep regression (before removal of binky he was screaming at bedtime and waking once a night).   I think some of the fussiness is molars and others is his age.  Anyways he has done very well only crying a few minutes at bed and nap and then going to sleep!!  I was very nervous for this but he has overall been a champ and doesn't even ask for them!!  He is still screaming going down and will wake up at times but I really think its more the molars not the lack of the binky!! I am praying soon the teething gets better cause I can tell that is bothering him!!

We have started up our Fall activities this month!  On Mondays we continue to go to New Moms Group.  We are now in the morning group and Colter loves playing with his friends!  On Tuesday and every other Thursday I work and Colter has a blast with Miss Judy his babysitter.  They do crafts and play outside and just have tons of fun!!  On the opposite Thursdays we have MOPS at my church.  Colter is in a one year old class and he has a lot of fun and I am loving the fellowship of other moms.  And on Friday we have Music!!  Again Colter loves Music and just has a blast dancing around while we sing.  It truly brings tears to my eyes as I watch him dance and do the hand movements and I see the pure joy in his face!! I am blessed!!!!

Below are a few pictures of my 18 month old and monthly skills (I don't have his stats as his appt at the dr is not till October:


This months skills:
* Colter is all over the place and climbing everything.  Can now climb his swing set alone and I say he walks like a big boy!!

*Current favorite books are a book that has buttons that say the words  you see...it has an apple picture that he loves and he calls it his Apple book.  He really loves looking at any book though!

*Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is still his go to TV show with Pluto being a favorite character and Mickey in Wonderland being his favorite one to watch

*Colters words are: too many to keep track of...he says new ones daily!!
*Colter can count to 5 alone and identity the numbers 2 and 4

 *Current favorite toys continue to be blocks, balls, and cars/trucks/choo choos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment