October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I was reminded of this when I was in Old Navy this past week and bought a Fight breast cancer shirt. I think most people know of at least one person and probably many more who have fought this terrible disease! I know many people who have battled breast cancer and many who have beaten it. Most personally my maternal Grandma (Betty Miller) and Jarrods mom (Cathy Herrold) fought breast cancer and sadly lost the battle to it. I was blessed to have known my grandmother before she passed and she was a wonderful lady. Unfortunately I did not get to meet my mother in law Cathy. From all those who know her I have heard what an amazing woman she was. I am sad that in this world I will never get to know her but I know in heaven I will get the chance to hug her and thank her for raising such an amazing son!! This is the blessing of being a Christian...knowing Colter and I will meet her one day!! I also know she is watching and so proud of Jarrod as a daddy to Colter. I know Jarrod and I will make sure Colter knows who she is through stories and pictures!!
So in memory of Cathy and Grandma and of every woman who has fought breast cancer and those who are fighting the fight of their life right now I honor you, I pray for you and I pray that in my lifetime we find a cure!!

No comments:
Post a Comment