Wednesday, May 1, 2013

13 months

So I know this is a bit delayed.  Colter was 13 months on Sunday!  I was thinking even though I am not doing the monthly onesie pics I should keep doing the monthly updates on here...more so for me to remember all the important things happening!!  Here is a pictures I took of Colter on Monday so I will call it his 13 month picture!

He's getting so big!!
 
Colter continues to just keep growing and developing so quickly.  It is soo much fun to watch a one year old mind work.  He makes Jarrod and me laugh all the time.  Physically he is now 22.2 lbs and 30 3/4 inches long.  He is cruising all over holding on the furniture and walking between furniture.  He can walk very fast with a push toy and our hands held but crawling is still his preferred mode of movement.   I know he will be walking soon!  Colter likes to climb on everything...we need to keep a close watch on him!!  His favorite toys at this point are anything musical (a drum or shaker toy) or cars he can push around.  He is "talking" a ton.  A lot is still babbling but he is really starting to put words with objects/people.  He has said mama and dada for a long time but truly now uses them to get our attention when he wants us.  His words at this time that mean something are: Mama, Dada, EmBa (Emma), balloon, brown bear, bye, and hi.  He might have more I am not thinking of.  He is very funny with saying Bye all the time and waving!  He totally adores Emma and thinks she is hysterical.  I added two videos at the bottom.  Colter is doing great at imitating things we do and we are working on body parts.  Music helps with this.  He now knows where is head is and where is nose is about 75% of the time.  He is very proud when he does what he is asked.  He is also learning animal noises and says "moo" when we ask what a cow says! 
 
Colters eating depends on the day and the pediatrician says it is toddler eating.  His favorite meal of the day is breakfast and he likes bananas and pancakes if he has his choice.  We are beefing him up a bit as he lost some weight (will write about that later) so I am ok with him eating pancakes daily now!  He likes sweets and snacks.  But also still loves with sweet potato bites I make and usually likes avocado.  He loves yogurt and his milk too!
 
We are doing another semester of Music class this spring and of course he loves it.  We also continue to go to new moms group and do playdates at times.  We both are loving the nice weather.  Colter LOVES walks.  He also has an adorable plastic radio flyer wagon with seats he likes to be pulled in.  The last two months have been crazy and this month should be a little more quiet.  We are going home to NJ in two weekends for Jarrod and I to get away for our anniversary.  Colter will have a one night sleepover with Nanny and Poppy!!  We cant wait and I know he will have a blast and be in the best hands possible!!  I have attached a few pictures from April and the videos of Emma.
 
Waiting at his one year appointment

Roar!!!

swinging




No comments:

Post a Comment