I got the call to schedule Colters upper and lower endoscopys. They actually had an appointment for Monday first thing. It is not with the Drs we saw on Tuesday (they only work in OR every other Thursday and thursdays are my work day). The Medical Director who saw us told me she was confident in every dr to do this and no matter who does it she will be making the plan and reading the results...so I am comfortable with this. The appointment is for 7:45 on Monday and we have to be at the hospital at 6:30...this is going to be an early morning and we are still deciding if we will go the night before.
Prep starts at noon on Sunday. He can have formula up until then. At noon he gets miralax and then he can only have pedialyte till two hours prior to arrival. We are praying it is not too bad for Colter...or for us!! We know this is necessary and we will do what needs to be done! I actually emailed Dr. Hollon who was the Fellow who saw us Tuesday because I was confused about the prep...he wrote a very nice long detailed email back and said he will try to stop by monday to be there even though its not his day in the OR and reassured me Dr. Cuffari (the dr doing the scope) is one of the best!
I think both Jarrod and I are a bit anxious about our baby having a procedure he needs to be put to sleep for...they have said we can go back with him till he is asleep...I think it will hit me when I have to leave the room...
Please pray for Colter's comfort during the prep, for skilled hands of the dr., for answers, and for peace for mommy and daddy!! Thanks we will keep you updated!!
****UPDATE*****
Just spoke with Dr. Hollon...Dr Oliva the head of the dept wants us to feed Colter his regular scheduled formula all day sunday...he will have his last bottle at 7 on sunday night and then have to wait till after the procedure to eat again....this is MUCH better than keeping him off food all day!! They dont want him to dehydrate because he is so little!! Dr. Hollon was very nice and helpful...they also want us to use a thing called magnesium citrate to clean him out not Miralax! He says it will clean him out well ....oh fun!! I also asked him and he said Colter will be intubated for the procedure...I just wanted to know all the details...anyway thats the update!
Good Luck Colter and Mama!
ReplyDelete