Friday, September 28, 2012

Half a year old!!


It is sooooo hard for me to believe that Colter is SIX months today!!!  I am beyond blessed that God choose me to be his mommy.  I was thinking about this last night when I am was going to bed and I got teary eyed.  There are no words to express the love I have for him.  It is so deep and so amazing.  I love every minute of being able to be home with Colter.  We have a lot of fun!  This month we have started some new activities.  On mondays we continue to go to our New moms group where Colter and I both love to see our friends.  On Tuesday mornings there is Ladies Bible Study at our church.  Colter has transitioned to go to the nursery there very well and they always say how good he is :).  We also run our errands and do some playdates!  He continues to love his Thursdays with Natasha and I am enjoying work...though I miss him!  Colter adores his daddy.  When Jarrod gets home he just smiles from ear to ear.

This month has also been a month of growth for Colter.  Yesterday at the allergist he weighed 18 pounds 2 ounces and was 27 inches long!!  I cant believe how big he is getting.  He is starting to sit on his own though if he loses his balance he tumbles over.  He is rolling and trying to scoot on his tummy.  He will roll to what he wants to get.  He is a mover and shaker! He also loves Emma and will often scoot over to her...she tolerates him very well! He tasted rice cereal last night and seemed to think it was ok!  I am excited to start fruits and veggies in the next week!  This month Colter also transitioned out of his swaddle and very easily I might say and we have truly this time started sleep training!  (we had started before but with the tummy issues could not let him cry it out).  Each night is easier and now when he gets up at night he is putting himself back to sleep!!  We are still working on our nap schedule but that too will come!!  I know this is a big step but honestly I will miss all the cuddling with my little guy!!

I am looking forward to the fall with Colter.  In the next few days I will be taking his 6 month pics and plan to use pumpkins etc and do them outside as possible.  I know the next months are going to bring a crawling baby...oh boy...I need to mentally prepare for this.  But right now I will continue to enjoy watching Colter grow...and love on him every step of the way!!



No comments:

Post a Comment